Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I pass data from an ASP to a SWF?

Say I had an ASP page that had a SWF movie in it. But, I wanted to pass some random data from a ASP variable to a text box in the movie.





Such as:





%26lt;%


DIM fname


fname = ';John';


%%26gt;





How can I pass the contents of 'fname' to the movie?





Hope that make sense, thanks for your help!How can I pass data from an ASP to a SWF?
The easiest way of passing variables from an ASP file (assuming that it'll churn out HTML as well) is to use FlashVars, which pass variables from an HTML File to a Flash (swf) movie.





A tutorial on using FlashVars can be found below:How can I pass data from an ASP to a SWF?
You send the data to the Flash movie as XML or plain text, and you read the value and assign it to the Flash text box with ActionScript.





http://www.adobe.com has tutorials on using ActionScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment