Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is there a book for Classic ASP programmers that will teach how to program using ASP.NET?

I'm an experienced ASP programmer that would like to improve my prospects and I'm looking for a book that will teach me how to program using ASP.NET. Straight to the point instructions with little technical ramblings and explanation will make it easier for me to learn. If you know where I can find a book like this, please leave a reference.Is there a book for Classic ASP programmers that will teach how to program using ASP.NET?
ASP.NET and ASP are radically different technologies and platforms; as different as PHP is to Ruby on Rails. So rather than trying to find a specific book that is ';ASP.NET for ASP Developers';, which is about the same as trying to find a book called ';Ruby on Rails for PHP Developers'; - just get a good book on ASP.NET and learn it from scratch.





If you feel like you need some help with the basics and concepts involved in ASP.NET, but written with technical people in mind, I recommend Wrox's Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-ASP-NET-鈥?/a> )





If you would rather skip straight to the real development and skirt the basics (or after you've finished Beginning), I recommend Professional ASP.NET 2.0 (http://www.amazon.com/Professional-ASP-N鈥?/a> )





I have more than a dozen Wrox books, most of which are on .NET and they're some of the best purchases I've made.Is there a book for Classic ASP programmers that will teach how to program using ASP.NET?
There is not upgrade process from ASP to ASP.NET. Just read about ASP.NET





ASP.NET Books I like:


- Professional ASP.NET 2.0 - Wrox


- Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 in C# From novice to Professional (A Press)


- Programming ASP.NET By Dan Hurwitz, Jesse Liberty O'Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment