Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I upgrade my asp.net 2.0 web application to framework 3.5 with silverlight?

I'd like to upgrade my asp.net 2.0 web application and I want to use the new visual studio 2008 and framework 3.5 and add some silverlight codes too. Is there any tutorial or video that can guide me through this whole process so I won't mess up my original application?How do I upgrade my asp.net 2.0 web application to framework 3.5 with silverlight?
Your not providing enough details for me to give an accuarate response. However for most small apps I have found that converting to 3.5 is very simple and problem free. Just open the solution in VS 2008, let it auto-convert, try to compile, then go through any errors/warnings in the output dialog. Some things in 2.0 have been deprecated and will need to be replaced. Impossible for me to tell if you will run into anything. Bottom line - make a backup of your old solution, then just try converting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment