Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I schedule a set of action in .asp if I cannot install programs on the webserver?

I want a set of action be launched every 24 hours but I have a hosting program that does not allow me to install a scheduler on the server: there's a way to call the actions automatically?How can I schedule a set of action in .asp if I cannot install programs on the webserver?
You can't schedule anything in ASP directly.





Do they have a Control Panel where you can run Task Scheduler or anything?





Do you have a database with that webserver? You could try adding a job to the SQL Agent if they have SQL Server.





The sloppiest, but most universal way I can think of doing it is to add the task you want to schedule to your default.asp page. It should then execute when someone goes to your website and runs default.asp. But add a database entry or a txt file so it detects whether the program has run that day yet, and only execute it once per day.How can I schedule a set of action in .asp if I cannot install programs on the webserver?
You can find some Free software to do this.Calender scheduler component.Give a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment