Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dreamweaver 8 Using ASP, How do I preview in browser, or set up a testing server to preview?

In Dreamweaver 8, I have a site that uses ASP. I could preview the site in previous versions without setting up a testing server. I upgraded, to DW8 and now it requires a testing server set up. I set this up with my ftp account, and I could preview, but it also uploaded the files. I simply want to preview my pages locally, then upload them. Any help would be appreciated.


Thanks so much!Dreamweaver 8 Using ASP, How do I preview in browser, or set up a testing server to preview?
Install IIS. (Internet Information Server). This is a free Microsoft product to allow you to make your personal computer into an ASP server to view your ASP pages before you upload them.





I only know how to do this in XP Professional, but it should be the same for XP home.





Goto Start


Then click on Control Panel


Double click ADD or Remove Programs


Select ADD/Remove Windows Components


Select (IIS) Internet Information Server from the list


Click on Next


Microsoft will then begin to install IIS on your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment