Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to configure IIS so that .aspx files are parsed with asp.net interpreter but have .html extension?

I've built a simple .aspx web page with third party opc control. Displays fine in Mozilla or IE, but won't display in Safari on my iPhone. Have read that I need to convert it to html, but when I save .aspx page as .html, all i get is a text string.How to configure IIS so that .aspx files are parsed with asp.net interpreter but have .html extension?
The association association is decided in the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, however I don't believe that will help you.





On many systems the fact that file.exe is a program while file.txt is a text file is decided by the file extension, however that is not the way browsers work. Browsers identify the type of data by the response they get to their HTTP request. The page you're reading this on doesn't have any extension.

No comments:

Post a Comment