Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get my asp.net form to validate in FireFox?

I've been working on this for almost two weeks and I just found out that the required field validator only works in I.E. can anyone help me make it work in FireFox too?How do I get my asp.net form to validate in FireFox?
No.


But on the bright side- you've learned not to trust Microsoft products.





What on earth possessed you to do client side form validation using Microsoft proprietary software?


It won't work on anything other than Microsoft kit- there are a lot of Mac/ Linux/ mozilla/ Opera/ Mobile users out there.





To salvage your code- couldn't you validate server side?


It's not as neat, but if it took you two weeks to do it in ASP, it'll probably take a lot longer to get it working cross browser in javascript.


(just remember to populate the form fields when you send the incomplete form back to the user- it's really frustrating when you have to fill in EVERYTHING 'cos you forgot one little detail)

No comments:

Post a Comment